This is a very simple yet delicious treat to make. You can also bake in a loaf tin if desired.
Why not make some and take them in for morning tea to impress your work colleagues?
That's what I did :-)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cup firmly packed grated carrot
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ cup self raising flour
- 90g cream cheese, softened
- 30g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1½ cups icing sugar
Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 24 mini muffin tin with butter or non-stick spray.
Beat oil, sugar and eggs in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
Stir in carrot and walnuts, then the sifted flour and spice.
Divide the mixture unto the muffin tin.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until they spring back when touched. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
To make the icing beat cream cheese, butter and rind all in the same bowl, with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, gradually add in the sifted icing sugar mix until light and fluffy. Spoon frosting onto the cakes.